Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just like Madder & Rouge



Poppy and I had a girly day on Thursday. Our first stop was Cafe Laffare' for brunch. Next door there is a wonderful wee shop called 'Madder & Rouge' , I had peered into there a few times, but it was never open when i was passing... But it was on Thursday.

They had some wonderful french striped fabrics... But at $180 p/m were a little pricey for me, and they didn't sell offcuts. So, i had a wonderful look round their wee store and something caught my eye...... They were selling toddler aprons in denim with appliqued designs on the front in their funky fabrics.

I just HAD to give this a go.... and with many birthday presents needed these days, it has already got a home to go to!

I sewed the applique on about 5mm from the edge. It will fray, but that is the look I was trying to get.

No comments: