I also made them semi matching aprons..... I reckon they WILL look like little goddesses - BUT Nicole may not think so when it comes time to clean up!
I took part in a wonderful themed yarn swap a few weeks back.
The swap needed to have a theme..... Within that theme you needed to give the following:
Unfortunately, the person i had hasn't posted pictures of what i made for them :( - I didn't take any photos of the full swap before i sent it to them BUT...... I do have photos of the yarn :).
The theme that i chose was: 'The desperate housewife's romance kit'.
The yarn that I chose to use was 8ply, 100% wool in a scrummy light rose colour. I thought I would have a go at self striping wool..... MY way! What a laugh AND what a headache!!!!!!!!
Here are some pics of the process.......... I used a beer bottle and wound the yarn around it 20 times, then tied each bundle up with an acrylic yarn so i knew which thread to cut once it was dyed.
I had to be VERY careful that i kept the mini balls in order at all times! Imagine trying to untangle wet smelly wool...... EWWWW.
Once it was dyed (and still wet) I wound it into a hank on my swift, then I washed it with wool wash and dried it etc......
I LOVE the small parts where i tied it into mini balls that it stayed the pink..... As these will be uniform specks i am thinking that it will work a bit like Opal.
I really hope i get to see a FO of this yarn....... Watch this space.