Thursday, July 10, 2008

The wee dress - Update!



Last night i finished all that I can do on the wee dress......

I need to pop over to the very creative Christine's so she can teach me how to picot crochet the bottom of the moss part. I have done a foundation row and am all set.

Am also wanting to know if i can Kitchener the left top shoulder.... At this point i haven't looked into *how* to Kitchener the 8 stitches of moss stitch that are in the row to be joined.

I have found this REALLY enjoyable to knit... and once i have finished and blocked it, i will show you where i got the inspiration from. This dress will fit *bump* when she is about 3months old... so am thinking i want to make another in NB size.

The least enjoyable part was picking up the 180 stitches for the rose under frill.... I think i will have to see if there is a crochet attachment for my Denise interchangeables - as it was a very drawn out process of picking the stitches up with my crochet hook then threading them with a darning needle and waste yarn. THEN sliding them onto my Denises. It would have been WAY faster to have a crochet attachment to the circulars.....

4 comments:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

I usually pick up straight onto my needles... could you do that next time? As soon as it gets a little tight you just slide the stitches onto the cable part and start again.

Rebecca said...

i will have to give that a try..... i just find the hook easdy to loop the new wool through to make a stitch... hmmmm maybe i am doing it the HARD way lol.

Thanks Nicky!

sweetp said...

Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG it looks AWESOME. We'll have a crochet date this week aye?!