Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My first bag and felting mission

Before felting.

We have a wonderful midwife, who almost caught Poppy 2 years ago and is our main midwife this time around. She is a little green fingered like me, so I wanted to make her a gift to say thank you. As you all know, time can be very sparse when a new arrival turns up, so this time i wanted to be prepared.




I am going to line it with fabric, I just don't know what type yet.




It is knitted in 12ply Cleckheaton spun Merino, which has a minor nylon content. I knew that it would felt well, as I made Poppy a pair of shorties in it last year and they accidentally went through the washing machine and shrunk!


After felting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! Well done you. Are you planning on lining it? Hope I get to see it IRL :D

Anonymous said...

LOVE the colours in that :) Can't wait to see your fabric choice for the inside :)