Saturday, August 9, 2008

A year ago...........

I sat down with my Mother in law and she taught me how to knit. I had knitted in garter stitch when i was younger - but really didn't know what i was doing.

Here is my first project..... a little NB hat - It took me forever, and it still doesn't have the ends sewn in.

Since then, knitting has become on of my favourite pass times. I am still very much a novice, but am trying new things all the time.

Here are a few things that have come off my needles in the last couple of weeks. I am trying to be a good 3rd trimester preggy woman and have my feet up relaxing..... you don't have to relax your hands do you?


I made my MIL a pair of fingerless gloves, she lives in Waipara which is at the northern end of Christchurch. I thought they would come in handy at this time of year.

The beret next to it was a knit for me...... i have hardly taken it off, but i wouldn't really call it a beret - It is more like a large Rastafarian beanie.... the Utiku wool has stretched a bit too.... time for a wash and shrink i reckon! Both the patterns are from my new Louisa Harding book .

I have finally finished the Annoukish pinafore...... well i think i have finished - watch this space..... i don't feel like it is finished yet..... hmmm may need some very cute wooden buttons on the pink tabs.... but am still unsure. The lovely Christine taught me how to picot crochet. It is really easy once you know what you're doing!
Aren't these tiny coat buttons cute!!!! AND i bought them at Spotlight!!! Normally their wooden button selection sucks.
The last two evenings i have been making these, for our soon to be born baby girl. I used the Pimp my longies pattern, lovingly crafted by Jen. It is a very nice and easy pattern to follow. For these ones though i didn't do the short rows in the bum..... which has given it a nice and even stripe body.
There goes that picot crochet again!
And..... on the needles now........ a little NB hat to match the longies. Awwwwww
So, i think i have got a little hooked on the knitting thang..... but would like you all to know, that all of these projects have come out of my stash and not bought for! WOOT!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All BEAUTIFUL!!! I just love how the anoukish turned out. And I adore ANYTHING knit in watermelon. Well done mamasita.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful, you have been busy!

Louise said...

Gorgeous knitting! I have the anouk pinafore on my to-knit list. I like how you turned it into a dress rather than leaving the sides open. The utiku wool looks lovely knitted up into the longies.

Love your blog header too!

Nikki Elisabeth said...

So so so so so full of cuteness. Clever lady!

xo

Crafty Wee Wifey said...

CUTE!!!!! love the anouk and the longies!!! just gorgeous