Saturday, August 9, 2008

When the kid is away......






My darling big sister came and took Poppy away for the afternoon. I was very thankful, as i had a few wee projects that needed my attention... AND i want to blog some of my recent projects.


Firstly, i sat down and sewed up 12 small pocket nappies for the bump. I remember Poppy growing through the NB, S and M sizes at lightening speed and i found it hard to keep up. This time i am prepared!


It is a shitty day in Wellington today..... So i thought it would be a perfect time to wash all the nappies in the house...... hmmmm where is my logic in that???? i don't know! lol.
I filled the 8.5kg washing machine 1.5 times! OMG that is a LOT of nappies.






The next job on the list was to re cover a wee foam chair that my sister Jo, had scored at the local hospice 2nd hand store..... It was looking well loved and well..... quite manky.






BUT not anymore. With some left over curtain fabric and a panel of minky *drool* I looks just like new!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that Little Buttons PUL is TDF. And minky :drool:

sweetp said...

OH man! I want a chair made of minky lol!! GOsh you have been busy! I absolutely adore the anouk. Wow. Didnt that come up fabulously!! I think a wee pink flower on it would look nice too!

Anyway, tagged you for a blog award :) Go check it out and feel free to pass on if you want. No pressure though