Saturday, September 6, 2008

The GREAT to do list!

With just over a month until I give birth, I have had a bit of a list of things to get through.


There have been quite a number of things that i have promised to friends... but also projects like Poppy's summer wardrobe etc that need doing. I have finally finished her new room (photos to come), now I just have the baby's room to complete (EEEEK).


I whipped up these pedal pushers the other day for Poppy.... SOOO easy to make - and all the fabric was from stash ( read: CHEAP). I have about 30 panels of different cotton fabrics to make into summer skirts for her.... but so far I have only made one up.




I FINALLY made up a pair of pants for Anthea. These have been on my to do list for some time..... I think it was the fear of the unknown that made me not want to start them. BUT I did start them and i finished them. GOLLY i hope they fit, as I felt like a junkie by the time I had finished - I had stuck myself with far too many pins!


The next project on my list is a flower girl dress for Poppy. Friends of ours are getting married in Queenstown the week after I am due. They have asked Poppy to be their flower girl...... SO I said that i would make the dress. I have made the mock up..... Just waiting on approval from Christine before we buy the fabrics for the real thing.


AND the last thing on my list is the Baby's cot set. I found an Amy Butler book called 'Little things for little ones' at a wonderful new bookshop in town called Minerva. (OMG if you haven't been there and live in Welly, DO IT NOW!). I purchased the fabrics from fabric.com the other day and they are being brought over by Lynn, a good friend of ours. I was budget and didn't want to pay the $49.95US to have it shipped here (OUCH!)
Here is what i have purchased - Amy Butler Lotus series.



I have also bought quite a few metres of plain fabric to screen print to this theme.... It will be my first proper screen printing venture - so wish me luck!


And this is the pattern....... AWWWW - I may make a hammock too, BUT i may just stick with our Nature Sway one if i run out of time!.

3 comments:

Casper said...

Wow!!! Love those pedal pushers!

Anonymous said...

cool pedal pushers don't wanna part with the pattern do ya :P

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the bedding. That fabric is just TDF.