Saturday, September 6, 2008

Licorice allsorts

A couple of posts ago, I was talking about the great TNN yarn swap.


Well, my swap arrived this week!!!!


The theme was 'Licorice allsorts'


I received some beautiful things.
  • 100g of DK wool, in the most divinely bright colours!
  • A birthday cake book - but not just any cake book, Mum used to have this book when i was growing up, and i used to spend H.O.U.R.S planning my cakes for years in advance.
  • A wonderful recipe for 'Martian biscuits' - Little green gingerbread men with licorice allsorts as decorations.
  • A crochet hook and buttons
  • Licorice allsorts + a cookie cutter
  • A pattern for a crocheted baby cardigan.

WOW!


On closer inspection of the pattern, the smallest size takes 160g of wool..... So I will be on the lookout for something to use this wool for. BUT for now, I had to make up a little crochet swatch to see what the yarn would look like:




1 comment:

Ahipara Girl said...

Yummy, I love the colours in this post. Gorgeous. I am taking up needles and crochet hook this year with a vengeance. Love ur blog. Whoops to u! rachelle